ABM Classic Events take place in person and feature 31 20-minute appointments over two days. They are at the heart of our collaborative and forward-thinking network of positive energy.
- Due to COVID-19, all in-person event dates are subject to change. We are holding an online precursor event to every ABM Classic event we have to postpone. The virtual version is included in the ABM Classic registration fee.
- Usually, registrations need to be paid in full before business matching features are unlocked. For the time being, we accept payments of any amount to unlock all business matching features.
- We will freeze your registration fees until we know when an event takes place in person, so no rate increases.
- We ask that you pay 50% of your registration fee before you attend the virtual version of the event and then the rest before one month before the in-person event.
- ABM Members get 25% off their ABM Classic registration fee (primary and additional delegate fees).
- An ABM Membership allows you to attend as many ABM Without Borders events (online only) as you wish to maintain, strengthen and expand your business network.
Get into the system now and start business matching. Delegates are currently communicating with each other, reviewing their business profiles and preparing their event attendance as usual!
ABM Registration Fees (Fees do not apply to GSF West.)
For event-specific key dates and payment deadlines, please refer to the event pages.
Our Rate Structure is Designed to Create Hyper-Productivity
Company registration fees are based on size, measured in number of employees, to keep fees for small businesses, that are not linked to a large corporation, as low as possible and to provide the second delegate registration for Indigenous communities for free. This encourages participation by the communities that deal with limited financial resources and by Indigenous entrepreneurs who are in the process of building their business. These ABMers are a significant growth market looking to increase their business activity.
ABM’s business matching concept is based on mutual benefit which is made possible by leveling the playing field. Everybody has the same profile template and number of appointments to attract business matches. Every delegate has the option to accept or decline meetings and is required to bring concrete business opportunities to the table. Observers do not support the productivity of the show as their objectives are not expressed in a business matching profile and they are not available for the pre-scheduled meetings that make ABM so effective. We therefore encourage companies and communities to fully engage by charging more to be on the sidelines. We do not offer free tours of ABM as one cannot help but make meaningful connections in this dynamic network. We will, however, discuss ABM one-on-one before the event and connect you with an ABMer for a user perspective to determine if there is a business case for your attendance. To attend, you must invest.
Our fee structure of Super Early Bird, Early Bird and Regular further supports hyper-productivity. We know that ABM’s productivity increases exponentially the more business matching activity occurs early. We therefore provide a financial incentive to register early. More importantly though, registering early means that ABMers increase their visibility and profile in the Indigenous business space. No matter if you represent a community or business, this allows you to raise awareness for your business goals early and increase the probability of attracting the right partners or customers. Additionally, early registration allows Raven Events to recruit more decision makers of specific interest to you. By registering early, delegates maximize results and improve ROI.
Your registration fee includes the reception on Monday, breakfast and lunch on Tuesday, breakfast and lunch on Wednesday and coffee breaks.
You do NOT purchase an exhibitor booth. Your registration fee is for your online profile and appointment schedule only. Booths are merely a requirement to create meeting space, are free and allocated to companies on a first-come-first-serve basis. If you register late, you may not get one. For the purposes of business matching this is inconsequential as you create your trade show schedule before the event and do not need to attract traffic to your booth. Booths are allocated in this way to create an additional incentive, along with Super Early Bird and Early Bird rates, to register and create business matching activity early. We do guarantee trade show booths for ABM Members.
Booths are NOT required for community decision makers as they travel through the ABM exhibit from appointment to appointment. However, communities that do not require a registration fee discount but pay full rate can choose to have a booth provided they register early enough.
If parties without booth allocation meet, the ABM system assigns flex booths.
Regular Payment Policies – currently relaxed due to COVID-19, see top of page
- Once your attendance is approved, your invoice is posted on your ABM profile home page. You can download a PDF. It shows the rate applicable at the time of registration. Rates for unpaid accounts increase as registration fees increase. If your invoice remains unpaid when a fee increase is due, your invoice goes up by $400.
- Only one single payment will be accepted per organization.
- You must log in to your profile to make a credit card payment to start business matching.
- In rare cases, we allow cheque payments. Please contact Raven Events to make billing arrangements. Billing arrangements will not be made after payment deadlines.
- Non-payment will result in the application of a $250 late payment fee and may result in the retraction of your approval.
- Cancellations received on or before 30 days of the start date will be refunded 50%. Cancellations received after will not receive ANY refund under ANY circumstance. Delegate substitutions are accepted at any time before and during the event.