Opportunities On and Around Vancouver Island
- Wednesday, September 29
- Wednesday, January 12, 2022
- Wednesday, April 13, 2022
- Thursday, July 14, 2022
In collaboration with the Nanoose Development Corporation, the business arm of the Snaw-Naw-As Nation and the South Island Prosperity Partnership.
“The Snaw-Naw-As people are strong and committed to self-determination and see a future where our children are well educated and confident in their ability to realize their hopes and aspirations for themselves and future generations. We are focused on creating opportunity and wealth for our community through NEDC. We are growing and know we will be an important contributor to the local economy through our people, businesses and investments.”
Chief Gordon Edwards, Snaw-Naw-As Nation
The business community on Vancouver Island from the very south to the very north is diverse, dynamic and entrepreneurial. So is the economy on the surrounding smaller islands. This ABM Connector will connect decision-makers representing a variety of industry sectors including forestry, tourism, technology, cannabis, manufacturing and more.
You should attend if you:
- are from Vancouver Island and want to connect with other Islanders from north to south, east to west (Oh, and Powell River, Tla’amin and Lund, the Gulf Islands, Cormorant Island etc. !)
- are looking for partners to add torque to your economy, add capacity, expand your reach etc.
- are new to the Islands’ economy and want to make key connections in the span of four hours;
- offer innovative and regenerative approaches to maximize ocean resources from seaweed to tidal power;
- build or make things; from gummies to houses;
- offer technology addressing anything from waste management to recycling, drone operation to game-based learning, agriculture, value-add manufacturing (wood, food) etc etc etc
- have ideas, products, services, business models, partnership opportunities, job openings …
“Greater Victoria is the major metropolitan centre of Vancouver Island. Our region is moving toward a more innovative, inclusive, resilient and sustainable 21st century economy. The most significant opportunities here are in industry transformation (government, navy, marine, traditional industry), the digital economy (as these major sectors embrace data and technology and adapt these to their needs and growth), the clean economy (innovations that help our societies adapt and respond to climate change), the inclusive economy (more opportunities for underrepresented entrepreneurs and innovators) and a healthier more resilient economy–better healthcare, more opportunities in medtech and life sciences and healthy aging. Initiatives like the Centre for Ocean Applied Sustainable Technologies (COAST), a new ocean innovation hub focused on industry transformation in the blue economy, are working to accelerate this vision through expansive partnerships.”
Dallas Gislason, Director of Economic Development , South Island Prosperity Partnership
Opportunities for September 29
- Connect with the leaders of economic development representing our partners the Nanoose Development Corporation and the the South Island Prosperity Partnership to get an overview of the opportunities on the South and Mid Island.
- We are looking for partners in the optimizations of ocean resources including seaweed and oyster farming! We are looking for capital, expertise and capacity.
- If you are looking for pros to reduce safety risk in the workplace including COVID-19 management, you can find them here!
- Discuss your business goals and offerings with an Indigenous group of companies that supports the development of sustainable solutions to promote sovereignty for Indigenous communities.
If you are new to the ABM Network, we need to know what you want to achieve. We will then introduce you to decision-makers in our client network that have complementing business goals. Here is how it works.
ABM Curation is a proven method of facilitating business connections that drive results. Click here for more information.
If you have any questions about this online event, please connect with Katrin Harry, Managing Partner with ABM, at 1-604-483-6421 or email@example.com.