B Corp Connections, Models and Development – US and Canada
- Wednesday, August 18
- Wednesday, October 6
- Wednesday, January 5, 2022
- Wednesday, April 6, 2022
In partnership with Top 6 Business Consulting
After consulting with over 260 business leaders, from one-man startups to big corporations like Microsoft and IBM, award-winning business coach Tommi Wolfe is focused on working only with leaders who are passionate about making the world a better place. She delights in helping leaders design and implement planet-friendly missions, like becoming carbon neutral, forming B-Corporations, adopting sustainability measures, supporting non-profits, etc.
With 3 successful startups under her belt, she is well versed in entrepreneurship. She is a seasoned business strategist with a passion for leadership. She also boasts deep expertise in sales, marketing, program management, and non-profit management.
Tommi is an avid conservationist. She has loved nature, the outdoors and earth’s wild places since she discovered birdwatching at 4 years old. She passionately believes that life is short, precious and we better be making the world a better place during our brief sojourn.
As impact driven business leaders it is up to us to up level our standards of doing business.
We are connecting design and construction professionals who are dedicated to supporting the planet using a carbon-smart approach balanced with global equity by utilizing the B Corp status.
A B corp is a for-profit corporation recognized by the majority of U.S. states that are driven by both mission and profit. Shareholders hold the company accountable to produce a financial profit as well as some sort of public benefit.
Companies that are registered as a B corp must achieve a minimum score on the B Impact Assessment, an evaluation of the company’s impact on its workers, customers, community and environment. They also must make their B Impact Report — the breakdown of the assessment — transparent through the Certified B Corporation website. All of this is overseen by a governing body called the B Lab.
Becoming a B corp allows companies to hold on to their social mission, while allowing them to scale the business. Since they are for-profit, the company can grow and raise money though still be held to a socially responsible standard.
About B Corporations:
Certified B Corporations are businesses that meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose.
A few of the top advantages to starting a B corp are:
- Encourages social responsibility. When your company is a B corp, it holds you and your practices accountable for social and environmental responsibility. Consumers are increasingly interested in sustainable companies and want to be convinced of their social efforts. By adhering to B corp standards that are made transparent, customers can see how the companies they support are making a difference.
- Attracts like-minded employees. Knowing your business is actively trying to make a positive social change will attract top talent looking to find meaning in their careers. B corp certification validates company’s employee-centric culture which means you’ll be able to retain top talent as well.
- Cost savings. Registering as a B corp can save your company money in the long run. You’ll have access to B corp community data, which provides you access to learn the most cost-effective means to be sustainable. Plus, the certification process helps companies identify needless and wasteful spending.
You should attend if you offer or are looking to:
- Find expertise in B Corporation Setup;
- Find expertise in B Corporation model or development;
- Set up your organization as a B Corporation;
- Find educational resources.
If you have any questions about this online event, please connect with: