We are full steam ahead here at ABM.
We have always been online and technology-based. While we all flatten the curve and do not know when in-person ABMs will resume, we know our network wants to do business. In many ways, it’s business as usual as ABMers connect and prepare one-on-one meetings using the ABM platform.
Using ABM, you will keep up productivity and get ready for recovery when the economy rebounds.
1. Catalyst Accelerating Solution
In response to the restrictions currently placed on business interactions, we have innovated a virtual environment that allows you to connect one-one-one with key decision makers online, catapulting you into an even more diverse environment of ideas, shared knowledge and business opportunities.
We have embedded online meeting capabilities right into the ABM Event Hub. We decided to write proprietary software rather than using existing services. This ensures the new tool integrates seamlessly with the rest of the business matching features and maintains all characteristics that make ABM effective.
We are currently in testing and the first ABM Online will be ABM West on May 12 & 13.
2. Our Answer to COVID-19 and Beyond
ABM Classic (as you know it, 2.5 days, in person) introduces its new companions:
- ABM Classic Online – our answer to COVID-19 – online precursor in addition to ABM Classic, 2 days, designed to keep you moving.
- We will hold all postponed events twice, first virtually (ABM Online) and then as soon as we are able to in person (ABM Classic).
- ABM Classic Online is included in your ABM Classic registration so take advantage of the fact that you can now make even more connections.
- Delegates will conduct up to 31 meetings over two days based on their schedules established in the system. The system is open, and delegates continue to prepare.
- Delegates can change their appointment schedule any time after ABM Classic Online in preparation for ABM Classic.
- ABM Without Borders – our tool for an increasingly international ABM Network far beyond a pandemic response – online only, condensed, faster, global
3. ABM West – Classic Online and Classic
- ABM West Classic Online – May 12 to 13, 2020 (original dates)
- ABM West Classic – July 20 to 22, 2020, Secwépemc Territory, Thompson Rivers University, Kamloops, BC (tentative, pandemic dependent)
ABM Online is part and parcel of the ABM Classic event registration and no additional fees apply. Business matching for the event is in full swing.
4. ABM Vancouver Island – Classic Online and Classic
- ABM Vancouver Island Classic Online – May 26 & 27, 2020
- ABM Vancouver Island Classic – November 2 to 4, 2020, Lekwungen Territory, Victoria, BC
If you are not registered for ABM Classic/Classic Online: Vancouver Island, you can still do so. Take a look at the event page to see how we are looking for.
We are out of booth space for the in-person event, but at ABM you do NOT purchase an exhibitor booth. Your registration fee is for your online profile and appointment schedule only. Booths are merely a requirement to create meeting space, are free and allocated on a first-come-first-serve basis. Not having a booth does not affect your productivity at the event.
5. ABM Southern Ontario – Classic Online and Classic
- ABM Southern Classic Online – June 7 & 8, 2020
- ABM Southern Classic – November 30 to December 2, 2020, Six Nations, Ohsweken, ON
6. ABM Northern Ontario, Alberta, Lower Mainland, Prairies 2021, Vancouver Island 2021, Manitoba 2021
At this point, all Classics. We are hoping that these events will roll out in-person as planned. If they do not, we will add an ABM Online to every postponed ABM Classic.
Registration is open and business matching is in full swing.
7. Registration Fees during COVID 2019 – Pay what you can!
From experience we know that early activity increases the productivity of our business matching networks. This is now more important than ever.
We know the current situation is uncertain and unpredictable. We have changed our policies to make it easier for you to make a decision, get into the system and start business matching now.
As we speak, delegates are communicating with each other, reviewing their business profiles and preparing their event attendance as usual.
Pay what you can!
Usually, registrations need to be paid in full before business matching features are unlocked. For the time being, we accept payments of any amount to unlock all business matching features.
We will freeze your registration fees until we know when an event takes place in person, so no rate increases.
We ask that you pay 50% of your registration fee before you attend ABM Classic Online and then the rest before ABM Classic, but are flexible. We are all in the same difficult situation and one of our most important values is collaboration.
As usual, Indigenous communities that would otherwise not be able to attend, receive discounts or free registrations.
8. ABM Without Borders
We will start offering online events routinely as an added business development tool.
These online events will be shorter. 10 appointments, half a day. They will be scheduled based on time zones and registration fees will be between $200 (small business Super Early Bird) and $500 (large business Regular).
We will curate ABM Without Borders in the same fashion as ABM Classic, ensuring they too are hyper-productive, partnership-driven and result-oriented. Most exciting is that we can now reach out to our international contacts with an option for them to become part of the ABM Network in a much more dynamic way than previously possible.
ABM Without Borders will allow you to make connections across Canada and, in fact, the globe.
We are your market leader in technology-facilitated business development.